A Culture of Love
- We will always strive to love you and deal with you out of love.
- Jesus said to love your neighbor as you love yourself. It is essential for you to love yourself, receive God’s love, and receive and accept our love.
- We expect you to keep love at the center of all that you are and all that you do.
Empowering Versus a Controlling Culture
- We are an empowering culture and work hard to have a non-controlling culture.
- That means we will work hard to call out the destiny in you and empower you to reach your full potential.
- An empowering culture has honor and respect as its core values.
- A controlling culture, conversely, signifies that you are motivated externally by
- A controlling culture has fear and punishment as its core values the fear of others.
You will never reach your full potential until you take responsibility for your own personal greatness.
As long as you perform merely just to stay out trouble, you will not have taken true responsibility for your own life.
We will never work harder to solve your problems than you do!
We will solve problems with you but not for you.
We expect you to give an account for your life to your leaders whenever you are asked. Be honest and transparent.
Learn to trust someone else more than you trust yourself.
Faith is spelled “RISK”.
If you want to grow, you must take risks.
If you do not fail once in a while, you are not taking enough risks. Note: we are not referring to moral or character failures. Purity always trumps risk.
Failure is part of the growth process. Expect to fail a few times before you graduate from The PEAK.
When you are asked to step out in a new “activity” by the leadership, we strongly prefer your acceptance instead of resistance.
Life flows from honor.
We have been called to a rectangular table not a round table where all those around the table have an equal voice. There are levels of honor in the Kingdom. Take the low spot as James describes in James 2:23. You will be advanced by your leaders in the right season.
Always deal with God, your leaders, yourself, and others with honor and respect.
Do not choose your behavior out of fear that you will be punished. Instead do the right things because you do not want to disappoint God, your leaders and yourself.
We will not be afraid of confrontation. If you do something that needs to be adjusted, we will talk to you about it.
If any leader in our environment does something that you thinks needs adjusting you are invited to go him or her privately and talk to him or her about it. Do not talk to others about an issue until you have first talked to the person that offended you. If this discussion does not go well, you may then ask to speak to him or her with his or her supervisor.
You are in a culture that expects the supernatural – “miracles” to happen!
You will mind yourself in situations where miracles are desperately needed. These are times to press in and pray. Stretch your faith!
You will be expected to walk in the supernatural power of God. Get used to it.
You are royalty, princes and princesses of the King.
You are not a pauper. Learn to think and act out of your new identity.
We expect you to be honest, no matter what it may cost you.
Trust is built on integrity and honesty.
Telling half-truths, cheating, and lying destroy truth.
Trust is the foundation of all good relationships.
Mind of Christ
As a Christian you have the mind of Christ.
We want to teach you how to think more than what to think.
You have permission to use your mind while you are a student of The Peak this school term.